Monday, January 17, 2011

off topic - football analysis

My husband and I are hooked on professional football.  I had wisely given it up about ten years ago because it is too much for my obsessive nature.  And it all came back full force when I got married.

Ever notice they spend hours on analysis, before, during and after the game?  And the stupid questions they ask the coaches and players!  Unlike the military, they know better than to reveal their strategies to the press.  Sheesh.

I vented at my husband yesterday when Phil Simms asked Darrelle Revis on whom the Jets will focus.  And expectedly, Revis says they plan on stopping Brady.  Um, duh.  Of course you want to stop the quarterback!  That's where it all starts!  If you can stop the QB, there will be no plays, literally no offense.  It doesn't matter who the QB is. 

So I tell my husband that if I were a defensive player being interviewed, I would say I'm gonna aim for the center.  I'm going to be so lightning quick and fast, he's not gonna get a chance to snap the stupid ball. I'll mess with his head.  All legal plays of course but heck, get to the center and you won't worry about the QB.

All the networks have at least 5 guys on their panels.   I don't get it. Just play the game and call the plays.  Not only do they over-analyze, these guys are so obvious with their favorites.  They drool and trip all over themselves over Brady and Rivers.  Like my husband says, they would all want to kiss Brady.

Back to cooking.  Nothing too interesting the past couple of days.  I'll try to get back on it tonite with dinner.
 

No comments: