Tuesday, January 25, 2011

a beautiful weekend

This past weekend was just simply beautiful with my husband.  It was one of those rare easy weekends that we weren’t rushed and had no commitments. He indulged me my to-do list and they were fairly easy chores.  Since it was sunny out, we eagerly went outside to do some yard work.  First he took down the Christmas lights while I mowed the lawn.  Then he did the edging because I just can’t control the blasted edger.  While he did that, I did some quick reading on how to prune our little vineyard of 21 wine grapevines.

We pruned away and marveled at how much the vines grew this past season.  So much so that we gathered enough grapevines to make some wreaths!  That was an added bonus – a cool little project I didn’t foresee.  I got excited with the prospect.

We went inside for some yummy, impromptu leftover lunch.  The day prior my husband didn’t get to eat his pastrami sandwich so I grilled that and paired it with some tomato soup, sliced pears, crackers and the last of the Brie.  I love lunches like this – fancy yet simple and easy.  Afterwards, we tackled a long-awaited project:  shortening the window blinds throughout the house.  I helped my husband get started with one and then he took over the rest while I went outside and worked on my grapevine wreaths.

I finished with four different size ones.  I’ve been wanting to put seasonal themed ones on the front door so this is perfect!  I plan on making one for a dear friend’s birthday. 


Sunday was a great finish to the weekend.  Church was inspiring and then we had a very productive trip to the grocery store:-)  Found some amazing deals and delicious options for meals.  We enjoyed watching football in the afternoon and then my husband took another turn cooking – this time grilling a t-bone steak that we shared, along with some sea salt filone bread and a green salad.  I got to enlighten my sweetheart with something I learned from Rachael Ray:  the small side of the t-bone is filet mignon and the large side is New York strip.  Did you know that?! 

No comments: