Monday, November 12, 2012

first time: popovers!

Hubby and I are avid Triple D fans and we are always trying out recipes from the show. The latest are these cheesy popovers from a restaurant in Texas I think (great name: Foreign and Domestic). The ingredients are basic (eggs, milk, flour, cheese, black pepper). The key is to have the muffin tin hot and the milk warmed to the right temp. I made only a half batch (9 muffins). I think I may have stirred it too much - it was too light and hollow inside. Still fabulous but I'll try a lighter hand next time. The popovers were paired with my super-easy orange/rosemary roast chicken and a quick spring salad.

I should mention that we also smoked a couple of tri-tips and made 5 lbs each of Italian sausage and breakfast sausage. It was a very productive culinary Sunday!

No comments: