Sunday, May 27, 2012

precious children

My brother, his wife, son and daughter visited us for the day yesterday and it was a very fun, memorable day. We were truly blessed. They loved our chickens and braved feeding them treats from their little hands. They oooh'd and aaah'd over them, called them "chickies" and were just all over them.

They also loved on Scooby and my 4-year old niece is pictured here telling Scoob a story:-) My niece is really tiny and Scoob seemed to tower over her, making her nervous. But the crate provided enough security, hence the storytelling.

We played with water guns outside, with my nephew making up all sorts of "international foul" rules. We went scootering - with my nephew on his razr, my niece on her Disney princess bike and me on my old 10-speed. While enjoying riding in circles around our court, my nephew notices a kite flying at the other end of our street! I rushed to gather the kids quickly and ran into the house to grab my kite!!!

For the next hour or so we ran and ran and flew my kite! It was awesome! Nephew really got going on it and got the kite to fly way above the houses where the wind was strong and steady. Hubby came out to join us and gave us the best tip: no need to run around so much! Once the kite catches wind, just let the string out slowly and it will continue to climb. Wow! It was exhilarating! The pull was too strong for my little girl but Nephew was able to manage it. It was a beautiful moment.

Interspersed in between has my Hubby playing catch with our niece while nephew and I flew the kite. We sure burned a lot of calories that afternoon, which was good since we had some homemade mac and cheese, hotdogs and sausage for lunch earlier that day.

We also played Uno and played fetch with Scoob in the backyard. My brother and his family live in the big city so I love the opportunity to show the kids a different way of life. For the next visit our plan is to make homemade pizza!

No comments: