Sunday, May 27, 2012

a beautiful creation

Hubby and I have been adding things here and there to our backyard. Thankfully the weather continues to be mild enough for us to do most of our living outside!

Yesterday, while buying treats for our chickies, we found several bird feeders on clearance. We both liked this copper windmill one. At the store Hubby tells me he'll reuse some old oak stakes we have as a hanging post for the feeder. I had no clue what stakes to which he was referring.

When we got home I started to prepare lunch for my visiting family while Hubby puttered around in the backyard, setting up the treats for the girls, etc. Next thing I know he comes up with the post he had put together for the feeder and it is amazing!!! He had reused the stakes we originally used for the grapevines. He asked me to come outside so I can tell him where to put the post.

We placed it where we can view it from the kitchen, my spot at the dining table and the TV room. Within a few hours, the small birds that chirp all day have discovered it and have made it their hangout. I love the rustic look of it. It is simple but yet so beautiful! Our backyard is really becoming our peaceful retreat. We also put up a feeder for the hummingbirds. We have yet to see them drink from it but it looks awesome too.

The best part of our little backyard paradise is that Hubby and I both love it and are drawn to it. It is truly our breath of fresh air. Hubby has his own special seat where he has a view of a big part of the backyard. It really is relaxing and he craves the peacefulness. He's had heavy burdens lately and I am so proud and thankful of the choices and decisions he's making. He so desires to do the right thing and what is best for us. I really am blessed to be his wife and share in all of the Lord's blessings with him.

No comments: