Monday, May 21, 2012

beautiful coastal sights

Today is our first full day in Mendocino/Fort Bragg. While Hubby naps some, I'm taking some time to do a bit of writing.

My husband is truly a sweetheart and days like this I need to remember often. He endured the trek through the Mendocino Botanical Gardens, where we marveled at various colors of rhododendrons and then another mile down to see the Point Cabrillo lighthouse. Every step felt like knives stabbing him in the back but he wanted to enjoy all this beautiful creation with me. I know it truly was painful for him, even more so because he wanted to do more.

We had a more enjoyable lunch at North Coast Brewpub and Grill. Dinner there last night was a bit of a disappointment. I think when it comes to brewpubs, sitting at the bar makes a big difference. The bartender Paul was super-friendly and bid us "God bless you" on our way out - a first at a brew pub! We enjoyed some tennis on TV and Hubby had some good brews. Hence the nap.

I am enjoying some freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and coffee in the front room of this old Victorian. Time for some Good Word from the Lord.

No comments: