Tuesday, February 8, 2011

packed weekend!

I am home sick today and doing some work here and there.  Can't quite tell if I picked up a bug or it's the consequence of the great Superbowl party we went to this past weekend.

Saturday was spent in Santa Rosa where my husband and I and a good friend waited a few hours in line to enjoy the world's best beer: Russian River Brewery's once-a-year release of Pliny the Younger.  The day was beautifully sunny and the company - a lot of fun. We ended up sitting with a group of young guys from a neighboring town and enjoyed Pliny with them.  My husband's day was made perfect when RR's brewmaster came out and hung out with our group.  We enjoyed some meat-laden pizza and cheesy calzone with the beer (I actually had diet coke).

Sunday was yet another inspiring time at church.  The teacher was humble, funny and insightful and very, very real.  We came away filled and encouraged.  Awaiting us at home was the Superbowl party at our next door neighbor's house.  They're great hosts - the food is always amazing.  From chicken mcnuggets to el pastor tacos with two sauces!  My husband enjoyed the chili...I opted for the pigs in a blanket for my fat & calorie source:-)  We won two of the 5 football pools...really scored this weekend.  Go Packers!

Two days later I am nursing a very tender tummy.  I was kept awake through the night by cramps that had me doubled over.  For lunch I am making some lugaw - it's Filipino rice porridge with chicken and a little bit of ginger and onions.  Definitely a light hand with the ginger.  It's comfort food for Filipinos - our version of the chicken noodle soup.

For dinner tonite I'm making meatballs - enough for sandwiches for dinner and for spaghetti for lunch tomorrow.  I feel weak from this stomach issue but that won't stop me from making dinner:-)

No comments: