Saturday, April 21, 2012

gazpacho for the first time

I am enjoying a beautiful weekend in historic downtown Grass Valley for a women's retreat. We have an inspiring speaker, whom the Lord has chosen to bring a timely word for us women. I am eating well from the banquet God has laid out for us.

As for worldly treats, a group of us went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant, which appears to be the taste of choice in this small town. I ordered the gazpacho, which I had never had and it was pretty good. I didn't expect it to be chilled but it was very tasty. I cannot wait to make it a home for my Hubby, whom I miss a lot. I've already got a ton to share with him. The thing about this gazpacho...the shrimp was really, really small! Jumbo shrimp will make it off the hook:-) And I forgot to tell them to leave off the avocado. Not a fan and I hate to waste it since it's such a near-delicacy.

The restaurant also served a very complicated oil and vinegar dip for their bread. Had lots of spices in it...I'll have to think about that one so I can recreate it.

I think I'll make it my goal to eat something new every chance I get this weekend. That might be a stretch given the small town but we'll see. I want to eat well!

I miss you Honey! I can say that since he really is the only one who knows about my blog and reads it (I think!).

No comments: