Monday, March 26, 2012

first ever couscous

I made my first ever couscous for dinner last night. I've been wanting to experiment with different carbs for side dishes and couscous was on the list.

I chopped up some asparagus, leftover grilled broccoli, red pepper and pearl onions and sautéed all that with garlic and Meyer lemon olive oil. I seasoned it with thyme, kosher salt and black pepper.

I was surprised at how quickly couscous cooks and how light and fluffy it is. I thought it tasted just awesome and I could have eaten the entire dish. We had it with some leftover smoked pheasant, brisket and pork spareribs, which will have to be another post once I have a picture. My Sweetness bought a new pellet smoker/grill and we've crazy about it!

I am sorry to say I am enjoying leftover veggie couscous today for lunch with some fried Spam:-)

No comments: