Sunday, March 13, 2011

just deeeelish!

My husband and I both love to cook and once in a while we do a duet:-)  A few days ago was one of those times.  He wanted to do shish kabobs with some tri-tip and I made the side dish - a poor man's version of jambalaya.  I call it that because I didn't have any seafood handy.

I loved the way he did the kabobs.  Usually I do chunks of onion but he speared single slivers only which worked well because the onions then enveloped the meat and made them really flavorful.  He used red peppers in between as well. He also grilled mushrooms and zucchinis.  He liberally brushed teriyaki sauce over the meat tne veggies.

I used his leftover veggies, coarsely chopped them and sauteed them along with some Polish sausage.  I had leftover Mexican rice from earlier in the week.  It made for a pretty decent side dish for the kebabs.

No comments: