Wednesday, March 23, 2011

truffle salt - wow!

My husband's been very inspired lately to venture into some serious gourmet cooking and it all started with truffle salt.  I am blown away at how incredibly delicious truffle salt is! It is soooo good I can't imagine how actual truffles would be even better!

His first attempt was fairly simple: grilled tri-tip, mushrooms in red wine and then the shrimp in butter. 


He lightly sauteed the side dishes in authentic extra virgin olive oil which we bought at Wineroad too.  I bought a panini grill pan which I've been using for grilling inside.  I love it!  It's been a worthwhile purchase.  Since we're not quite into spring yet, the grill pan allows us to grill inside. 

I loved the mushrooms the best - I think I could have eaten a couple of pounds of it!  I absolutely love it when my husband has a hankering to cook.  He produces masterpieces!

No comments: