Sunday, March 13, 2011

birthday week!

My adorable husband loves birthdays especially his own.  We celebrate his for at least week with various events going on. 

This year we went wine-tasting for four days and it was beautiful.  The weather was great for the most part and we got to visit some really amazing wineries and tasted some incredible wines.  And the food was over the top good!  Found one of those hole-in-the-wall delis that sold fancy gourmet sandwiches.  I had prosciutto & bleu cheese with a fig and olive spread.  Yeah - I thought it would be too salty but the fig spread really balanced it.  I ate the whole sandwich!!!  My husband had ham and brie and there was about a half inch wedge of brie!  Definitely worth what we paid for.

Throughout the week we also got introduced to olive oil tasting and experienced the best olive oil ever.  And then the truffle salt and truffle oil!  A whole new world of gourmet food and my husband is taking the lead in introducing us to cooking with truffles.

No comments: