Thursday, February 2, 2012

today's yummy lunch

Thursday lunch can be quite a treat if it’s leftovers from the night before because that’s when my dear husband cooks:-) And he is very good at cooking just the right amount so it’s often rare that we have leftovers.

On payday we did our usual Costco run and were promptly sold on buying the Guy Fieri apricot & sesame sausage.  We are huge Triple D fans so as soon as we saw Guy’s face on the label, it was just a matter of deciding between apricot & sesame vs. fiesta lime.  The latter didn’t appeal to us.

My hubby cooked some red & regular quinoa with just enough cayenne for some mild kick and broccoli boiled to the right tenderness.  We had the sausage on buns with sauerkraut, spicy mustard, ketchup and our own homemade spicy dill pickles.  It was a great dinner!  I am an even more blessed and happier woman on Wednesday nights – because my sweetheart is a great cook and I get to rest a bit.

For lunch I just had the sausage and quinoa.  And the blessedness continues.  And God bless my dear husband.

No comments: