Sunday, February 5, 2012

another creative leftover

Earlier in the week I had made a huge pot roast. It was the perfect crockpot dish. I prepared it first thing before going to work. Hubby and I were meeting at Costco after work so when we got home, a delicious dinner was ready! I just boiled some cabbage to have some fresher greens to go with it.


We had taken some leftovers for lunch already but there was still a huge chunk of meat left. So I shredded some by hand and sauteed it in some EVOO along with some chopped onions and half a can of green chiles. I added cumin, kosher salt, paprika, chipotle chile powder and ground coriander. I cooked it until some of the meat were slightly crispy. Then I put some on a tortilla with some shredded cheese and cooked it in a panini pan. It ended up being great quesadillas! I served it with dirty rice and salsa. Buddy loved it and was impressed. And that's what matters:-)

No comments: