Saturday, February 18, 2012

the sweetest Valentine

My Sweetheart delivered again this Valentine's Day with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. We have a paging system where I work and I only get paged a few times a year. But always on Valentine's Day because my hubby always sends me flowers.

We had a spent a spontaneous weekend out of town and that was our Valentine splurge. So we were more than happy to have dinner at home. Although hubby had a moment of doubt during the day, which he shared with me later. He had been out of town for the day on business but made a point of telling his client that he needed to leave on time so he could have Valentine's dinner with me. Which got him to thinking sushi at our new favorite sushi bar in town. But I had had dinner plans at home for us:-)


I took out our wedding china and a special bottle of red wine. I made chicken teriyaki and beef fried rice. The beef was actually left over NY steak from the weekend. The table looked beautiful. I had gotten special beers as a gift to my hubby. Our evening was sweet and quiet.  What we both wanted and needed.

No comments: