Saturday, July 1, 2017

The Return

 
My last post was September 2012.  Nearly 5 years have passed.  The hardest 5 years of my life but through it all, the Lord remained faithful and generous.  Joe and I went through fire.  Bits and pieces of that will come through in my future posts but for now I find myself more in love with him than ever.  We are looking forward to this new season, marked by our return to gardening and cooking! So I get to revive this blog. 
 
You can't really see the details of these roses but they are from our home.  Our "new" home since 2012.  We moved to the Capitol in 2014 to be closer to the business which we sold earlier this year.  A glimpse of that fire.
 
Joe got our  motorhome all ready for our trip to Hensley Lake.  This is our 2nd motorhome trip and it was last minute.  It's a 4-day holiday weekend so we were very short on options.  The view is spectacular and the lake is very accessible for our kayaks and fishing.  Two buts:  no sewer hook up and the picnic table and fire pit are on hill which is quite a steep hike from the motorhome!  The backdrop of trees in the rose picture is that hill.  I told Joe going up and down that hill means freedom to eat!
 
When I got home Friday afternoon, Joe has the rig all ready and when I walked in, the first thing I noticed was the mason jar of fresh cut roses from our garden!  Such a sweet and beautiful gesture to make this rig our home.  Joe has been specially attentive and caring these past few weeks.  Honestly borne out of the fire we went through and the healing path that the Lord has ordained for him.  I feel so blessed and just so, so loved.
 

No comments: