Friday, February 8, 2013

choosing to be thankful

Hubby and I went to a great burger joint in town last month and shared some fries. I love the small, thin, crunchy ones. I never liked steak fries - I've always loved shoe string ones. We started calling them crunchies.

Once Hubby found out I love crunchies, he'd dig around for them and give them to me. Sometimes there'll be plenty and he'd put them in a pile. I would always be thankful and thought that was so sweet of him. And then it came out that he loves them too! I was truly moved and said, "And you've been giving them to me all this time???!!!" It was a no brainer for him and he continued to find me my crunchies.

I know these are just fries but I am trying to cultivate an attitude of thankfulness, regardless of how small or trivial it may be. I read about a blogger who wrote about how things really are. I don't necessarily have a problem with that but it gets tiring when the focus is always on how bad or hard things are. Those already draw focus on them - I don't need to do that. So while my posts seem to be trivial or always positive, that is purposeful. Although my life isn't perfect, I will choose to be thankful.

And today I am thankful for my Hubby who gladly sacrifices his "treasure trove of crunchies" for me:-)

No comments: